You KNOW I love the books, but let’s see if we can answer the question…
What makes Usborne so special?
Here are a few key features of the Usborne books that I enjoy:
- high picture-to-text ratio – lots of pictures integrated into the text make the books less intimidating to reluctant readers!
- double-page spreads – most of our non-fiction books have these, which draw my girls into the books. They can put the book on the floor, lay down and prop up on their elbows, and get lost in the magic of the book!
Here’s an example of the double-page spread, bite-sized chunks of knowledge, internet-references, AND flaps in our Lift-the-Flap Questions and Answers.
- bite-sized chunks of knowledge – you’ll hear me say this a lot in my videos. The information is presented in quick ‘bites,’ which appeals to every reader, especially those with attention-deficit concerns.
- flaps and slots – many of our books are very ‘hands on’ and appeal to tactile learners.
- cut-away illustrations – entice our curiosity (read as not boring!).
- internet-links – safe websites that correlate directly to the topics (time-savers!). Usborne was the very-first publisher to include researched and recommended websites with their books. Click here to take a look!
- award-winning – our books have been weighed and measured by the best-of-the-best in the publishing world, and we’ve come out on top again and again. I am proud to help get these books into the hands of children!